Dean and I went to his 15 month appointment. He is 19 lbs 8 oz and 30 inches tall. He is still really small. The pediatrician started using a new growth chart-- now Dean's around the 10th percentile. On the old charts he was below the curve. I'm not worried about it. He's mostly happy and mostly healthy. I can always do better at feeding him (of course). I should probably be making him more new and exciting things to try. Oh, well.
Developmentally Dean is pretty average. The doctor asks lots of questions that I cant answer in this part of the appointment. one in particular was "Does he stack things?" my answer was "uhh..." when we got home I thought we should test it out. Dean can stack things. He did-- for about 25 seconds before he discovered the joy of a falling tower of blocks. He was seriously giggling for the first little while. I had to get a video which was pretty challenging. The block towers don't last long enough for me to prepare ahead of time. Here's my best attempt. Note Dean's battle cry:
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Go Dean! I love the battle cry!
ReplyDeleteKeep in mind Dean's gene pool. Mom is 5'3" and weighs about 100 lbs. Dad was not a big baby. He was not super tall (even though he became tall) and was rather skinny. I don't think you need to worry about Dean's size. Keep up the GF food if he feel better on gluten free but don't send yourself on some kind of guilt trip. You are great parents.
ReplyDeleteVery cute giggling, I love how much satisfaction it gives him to destroy the tower, down to every last stack! I was laughing out loud.
ReplyDelete